Muskingum Valley Council
National Youth Leadership Training
August 6th – 11th, at MVSR
Room for only 48 Participants!
- Each participant must be at least 13 years of age and a First Class Scout or registered Venture Scout by August 6th, 2017.
- Cost is $175, including a $50 deposit submitted with application.
- The Unit Leader must first approve the Scout’s application.
- Give you the confidence and knowledge to conduct a youth‐run program
- Train you in all aspects of effective leadership, from teaching skills to motivating an organization
- Guide you through the stages of team development
- Give you the opportunity to share ideas and experiences with youth from other units.
- Enhance the relationship between you and adults.
- Create an environment of Scouting fellowship and fun guided by the Scout Oath and Law
- Experience Scouting at its best!
- Vision—Goals—Planning: Creating a positive future success
- SMART goals: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely
- Planning and Problem‐solving Tool: What, How, When, Who
- SSC Assessment Tool: Start, Stop, Continue
- Teaching EDGE: Explain, Demonstrate, Guide, Enable
- Stages of Team Development: Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing
- Leading EDGE: Explain, Demonstrate, Guide, Enable
- Conflict Resolution Tool: EAR – Express, Address, Resolve
- Making Ethical Decisions: Right vs. Wrong, Right vs. Right, Trivial
- Communication: MaSeR – Message, Sender, Receiver
- Valuing People: ROPE – Reach out, Organize, Practice, Experience
Eric Udischas – Course Mentor
Linda Udischas – Scoutmaster / Course Director
Bill Shriver – SA Program
Chris Maples – SA Guides
Jason Abel – SA Facilities: Program
Jessica Edstrom – SA Facilities: Commissary
Connie Roberts – SA Facilities: Food Services
Sarah Udischas – SA Health and Safety
Chip Udischas – SA Health and Safety
Shirley Dishong – Course Cook
Chad Lawrence – SA Technology
Jeff Pickett – Professional Advisor
Matt Mulholland – Senior Patrol Leader
Rowan Roberts – ASPL Program
Anna Grund – ASPL Guides
Noah Moulton – ASPL Facilities
Keith Udischas – Scribe
Shane Edstrom – Quartermaster
Connor Stevens-Woolery – Quartermaster
Weston Chandler – Troop Guide
A.J. Griffin – Troop Guide
Max Chandler – Troop Guide
Liam McGinn – Troop Guide
Jacob Devoll – Troop Guide
Jonah Overly – Troop Guide