Muskingum Valley Council
National Youth Leadership Training
August 4th – 9th 2019, at MVSR
Room for only 48 Participants!
Course Director: Bill Shriver
- Each participant must be 14 years old or 13 years old and have completed 8th grade.
- Be a First Class Scout or registered Venture Scout by August 4th, 2019.
- For 2019 only, an exception will be granted to attend NYLT without first achieving the First Class rank; age requirements must still be met. This will allow new troops to have trained youth leaders.
- Cost is $175, including a $50 deposit submitted with application.
- The Unit Leader must first approve the Scout’s application.
- Give you the confidence and knowledge to conduct a youth‐run program
- Train you in all aspects of effective leadership, from teaching skills to motivating an organization
- Guide you through the stages of team development
- Give you the opportunity to share ideas and experiences with youth from other units.
- Enhance the relationship between you and adults.
- Create an environment of Scouting fellowship and fun guided by the Scout Oath and Law
- Experience Scouting at its best!
- Vision—Goals—Planning: Creating a positive future success
- SMART goals: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely
- Planning and Problem‐solving Tool: What, How, When, Who
- SSC Assessment Tool: Start, Stop, Continue
- Teaching EDGE: Explain, Demonstrate, Guide, Enable
- Stages of Team Development: Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing
- Leading EDGE: Explain, Demonstrate, Guide, Enable
- Conflict Resolution Tool: EAR – Express, Address, Resolve
- Making Ethical Decisions: Right vs. Wrong, Right vs. Right, Trivial
- Communication: MaSeR – Message, Sender, Receiver
- Valuing People: ROPE – Reach out, Organize, Practice, Experience